Dr. Shirley Rose-Gilliam
Fort Bend ISD Board of Trustees, Position 4
Proven Advocate for the Education of All Children
"Believe in the Possibilities!"
Early voting April 24, 2023 thru May 2, 2023
Election Day May 6, 2023
Why I decided to run .... 2020 ... 2023
First and foremost, I care about the education of all children. I am seeking this position to make a positive difference in how we educate the children in FBISD. There are perceived differences between schools on the east and west sides of the district. I will work to ensure all schools in the district provide a quality education for the students we serve. I want the students at every school to boastfully say “I graduated from ….” I want parents to be confident that the school they are zoned to is a GREAT school. I want teachers to also be proud of where they work. I am a student advocate and I will be the board member who will always raise the question “Is this best for students?” before we cast a vote.
Who am I?
I am a long-time Fort Bend resident, a 32-year veteran educator and an administrator with a proven track record for turning around struggling schools. I have witnessed the uphill battle that some schools face. I clearly understand the support needed for parents, teachers, and administrators. I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree from the University of Houston and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Texas A&M University. For 25-years, I serviced Fort Bend ISD as a teacher and administrator. I am a practitioner who understands how policy matters and how it allows educators to do what is best for students. I am eager to team with the present board in order to do the work necessary for continuous improvement. Each individual trustee on the board brings a different experience or viewpoint, my viewpoint includes classroom instruction and knowledge of daily campus life. I believe we all plant seeds in order to help a community grow. Fort Bend is a community where I live and have raised both of my children. FBISD is a positive experience in my life and I plan to give back as a servant for the District.
The Right Experience for the Fort Bend ISD School Board
- Passionate, experience educator, elected to Fort Bend ISD in November, 2020
- 25 years of service to Fort Bend ISD - Teacher/Willowridge HS; Asst. Principal/Kempner HS; Associate principal/Elkins HS; Principal/Bush HS, Marshall HS, McAuliffe MS
- Region IV and FBISD Secondary Principal of the Year, 2005
- Teacher of the Year Secondary Finalist 1998
- Doctorate of Education, Texas A&M University
- Expertise in Organizational Culture and Climate
- Professional Development for Educational Leadership - Local, State, National Level
- Experience with educational policy and programming to boost academic excellence
- Proud resident of Fort Bend since 1986
- Proven Advocate for the Education of All Children
- Happily married to Kevin Gilliam with 2 children educated in FBISD
- Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Member of The Fort Bend Church
Paid for and authorized by Shirley Rose-Gilliam for FBISD School Board Position 4; 3011 Bonney Briar Dr, Missouri City, TX 77459
February 8, 2023-The BOT Student Leadership experiential visit to the Texas Capitol!